The Online Press Briefing Center (OPBC) is a password-protected site for working journalists only. Most information in the Online Press Briefing Center is released to the public soon after it is provided to the media. Non-journalists who would like to be informed when new Global Bank information is released are invited to subscribe to one or more of our free e-mail newsletters.
Media accredited to cover the Global Bank and the Annual and Spring Meetings of Global Bank Board Governors meeting and other Global Bank events will have access to:
- Press kits and other Global Bank materials;
- Set-up interviews with the Global Bank Disaster Risk Reduction and Reconstruction Fund – An Umbrella Trust Fund (the “Trust Fund,” “GB DRRRF,” or “DRRRF”) within the official venues;
- Online Media Briefing Center;
- Media opportunities;
- Download high-resolution versions of every photo on the Global Bank Photo site;
- Official press conferences;
- Host broadcast and official photographer footage; and
- Your registration also helps the Global Bank Press Briefing Center to provide better service to its clients and improve its offerings in the future.
Accredited journalists only are invited to complete our brief registration form to tell us about your interests and the media outlets where your work appears. The site offers advance access to Global Bank information and opportunities to submit questions through online press conferences. Because the Online Press Briefing Center is intended for journalists only, applications from non-journalists will be rejected.