Staff Profile Brief
Dr. Hilton L. Root, Ph.D. is the former U.S. Ambassador-designate to the Asian Development Bank (ADB) represents the United States at the Board of Directors of the ADB. In representing the United States in the ADB Board, Dr. Root worked to ensure that U.S. views are expressed and reflected in decisions made by the Board on project/sector lending; policy issues; grants and technical assistance; and budget, administrative and other matters.
- Development Finance
- International Political Economics
- International Development
- International Aid
- Policy specialist in international political economy and development
- Public Policy
- Institutional Building
- A Member of the International Advisory Board Council and a Senior Advisor to the Global Bank;
- A Member of the Technical Advisory Board for the Global Bank Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility; and
- Professor, School of Policy, Government, and International Affairs at George Mason University.